The day has finally arrived! You are hosting a cheese party! But how much cheese is enough? In our opinion, an endless supply – but to be realistic, we have prepared some tips to help. Here is how it works:
- Party scenario one: You are making a delicious meal, but before you can set it up, people will want to nibble on some cheese, right? Well, if this is the case, a cheese board will do the trick. Allow 40 to 80 g (1 ½ to 2 ¾ oz) of cheese per person depending on the size of the meal you plan to serve...Pair with some plain bread to avoid mixing too many flavors.
- Party scenario two: A cheese only buffet! What a dream! If this is the case, allow 150 g to 250 g ( 5.5 to 9 oz) of cheese per person and an assortment of breads and sides. Wholemeal, multigrain, plain, rye, dried fruit and all kind of nuts…anything goes. Remember: serve each cheese with a different knife so flavors don’t mix.
- Party scenario three: Cheese. Cheese. More cheese. If you plan on making a meal entirely made out of cheese allow 250 g (9 oz) of cheese per person. Add your favorite types of bread and throw in some juicy salads and vegetables to cleanse the palate.
- Party scenario four: A cheese and meat lover's dream! Mix the cheese with some cold meats. Allow 200 g (7 oz) of cheese, 150 g (5.5 oz) of cold meats and the equivalent of one baguette per person. Don’t use more than two types of bread.
- Wine night: Just want to chill and chat while drinking wine and tasting cheese? Allow 1 bottle of wine for 3 people, 250 g (9 oz) of cheese and the equivalent of one baguette per person.
Oh, and since we helped you out, we’re invited too, right?