The day has finally arrived! You are hosting a cheese party! But how much cheese is enough? In our opinion, an endless supply – but to be realistic, we have prepared some tips to help. Here is how it works:
- Party scenario one: You are making a delicious meal, but as the guests mingle, people will want to nibble on some cheese. For this, a cheese board does the trick. Allow 40 to 80 g of cheese per person depending on the size of the meal you plan to serve... Pair with some plain bread to avoid mixing too many flavours.
- Party scenario two: A cheese-only buffet! What a dream! In this case, allow 150 g to 250 g of cheese per person and an assortment of breads and sides. Wholemeal, multigrain, plain, rye, dried fruit and all kind of nuts …anything goes. Remember: serve each cheese with a different knife so that flavours stay separate.
- Party scenario three: Cheese. Cheese. More cheese. If you plan on making a meal based entirely upon cheese allow 250 g of cheese per person. Add your favourite types of bread and throw in some juicy salads and vegetables to cleanse the palate.
- Party scenario four: A cheese and meat lover’s dream! Mix the cheese with some cold meats. Allow 200 g of cheese, 150 g of cold meats, and the equivalent of one baguette per person. Do not use more than two types of bread.
- Wine night: Just want to chill and chat while drinking wine and tasting cheese? Allow 1 bottle of wine for 3 people, 250 g of cheese and the equivalent of one baguette per person.
And as we helped with the advice, could you maybe invite us too?