1. Who are we?
Welcome to our website www.iledefrancecheese.com.
This section provides you with more detailed information about the origin and use of the browsing information processed during your visit to our Site and on your rights.
This Policy is therefore important for you, who wish to have a positive and reassuring experience of our services, and for us, who wish to answer your questions clearly and thoroughly about your consultation of our Site, and take your wishes into consideration.
Depending on the services you subscribe to, you may be asked to provide personal data, some of which is obligatory and some optional.
All the forms on this Site specify whether the data is obligatory or optional. The information collected is processed electronically for the needs and purposes indicated in the forms.
The information collected is intended for use by Savencia Dairy Products International, the Group to which it belongs and its partners.
1.1 Data Controller
The following information is provided in order that you may familiarize yourself with the commitments regarding personal data protection of www.iledefrancecheese.com, published by Savencia Produits Laitiers International, whose registered office is at 91, rue Joseph Bertrand, 78223 Viroflay, France,
who acts as Data Controller for the processing of personal data referred to in this document, hereinafter referred to as the “Data Controller” or “we”.
1.2 Our IT and Civil Liberties Policy Manager
The Data Controller has appointed someone to be the IT and Civil Liberties Policy Manager who you can contact
• by e-mail at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org,
• by post at the following address: Savencia Produits Laitiers International, 91 rue Joseph Bertrand, 78220 Viroflay, France.
The Data Protection Officer can be contacted at the following address: email@example.com
2. Personal data that we process
Within the context of processing personal data, the Data Controller collects and processes the following information:
name, e-mail address
3. The purposes and legal basis for our data processing
3.1 The purposes of our processing
Our processing operations are carried out for the following purposes:
• to establish statistics and volumes of traffic and use of the various elements composing our Site (sections and content visited, paths), allowing us to improve the interest and user-friendliness of our services;
• to adapt the presentation of our Site to the display preferences of your device (language used, display resolution, operating system, etc.) during your visits to our Site, depending on the hardware and software used to view or read information on your device;
• to store information relating to a form that you have completed on our Site (contact form);
• to set up security measures.
3.2 Legal grounds for processing
We only carry out data processing if at least one of the following conditions is met:
• your consent for processing operations has been obtained;
• the existence of our legitimate interest, or that of a third-party, justifies that we carry out the processing of the personal data concerned;
• the execution of a contract binding us to you requires us to carry out the processing of the personal data concerned;
• we are bound by legal and regulatory obligations that require the processing of the personal data concerned.
3.3.The legitimate interests pursued
The legitimate interests pursued by the Data Controller may involve, in particular, allowing the continuity of their activity, improving the consumer experience, building consumer loyalty and understanding consumers' expectations.
4. The recipients of your data
The personal data that we collect, as well as that which is subsequently collected, is intended for us in our capacity as Data Controller.
We ensure that only authorised persons have access to this data. Our subcontractors / service providers may be recipients of this data in order to carry out the services we assign to them.
Your personal data may be subject to reconciliation, pooling or sharing between all the parent entities, sister companies and subsidiaries of the Data Controller.
They may be communicated to these entities for the purposes mentioned in this information notice. These operations are carried out on the basis of instruments that comply with applicable regulations and are capable of ensuring that your rights are protected and respected.
5. The transfer of your personal data
As part of the services offered, we transfer your personal data to recipients located in the following countries:
France, South Africa, Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Cambodia, Canada, Chile,
South Korea, the United Arab Emirates, Japan, Lebanon, Mexico, New Zealand,
Serbia, Taiwan and Ukraine.
Each of these transfers is governed by legal instruments that comply with the applicable legal framework.
Some of the countries listed benefit from an adequacy decision, which means that they offer your personal data a degree of protection equivalent to that which is in effect in the territory of the European Union.
Data transferred to our service providers in the United States is Privacy Shield EU-US certified, ensuring a sufficient level of protection.
The Data Controller establishes binding corporate rules (BCR) with the various subsidiaries based in countries outside the European Union and whose State does not benefit from an adequacy decision.
Transfers to other countries are subject to the appropriate safeguarding measures. The binding corporate rules (BCR) have indeed been established for all data transfers mentioned in this paragraph.
6. The storage periods for your personal data
The storage periods we apply to your personal data are in proportion to the purposes for which they were collected. As a result, we organise our data storage policy as follows:
|PURPOSE OF PROCESSING||STORAGE PERIOD|
|Prospecting||3 years* from the time of your last contact or, where applicable, from the end of the business relationship extended by the period of legal requirements|
|Customer||in the context of signed contracts, the data is stored for the duration of the business relationship increased by the period of legal requirements.|
|Cookies||13 months* from the date of placement on your device|
|Contract for an amount exceeding €120 for accounting purposes
Comment: contracts for less than €120 may also be stored for the purposes of harmonisation. This period only concerns invoices and not customer accounts
|10 years** (non-changeable legal term) from the date of signing the contract|
|In the event of the exercising of rights of access, rectification, deletion, limitation, data relating to identity documents and information enabling these rights to be taken into account||1 year** from the date of reception of the request|
|In the event of the exercising of the right of opposition, data relating to identity documents and information enabling the right of opposition to be taken into account.||6 years* from the date of reception of the request
** comment: This period also applies to the opposition to commercial prospecting, non-changeable legal term.
7. Rights granted to you
7.1 How to exercise your rights
You may exercise your rights
• by e-mail at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com,
• by post at the following address: Savencia Produits Laitiers International, 91 rue Joseph Bertrand, 78220 Viroflay, France.
To do this, you must clearly indicate your surname(s) and first name(s), the address to which the reply should be sent.
In principle, you may exercise all your rights free of charge. However, in terms of your right of access, you may be required to pay a reasonable fee based on administrative costs for any copy of the data you request.
With regard to the right of information, the Data Controller will not be obliged to follow up on this right when you already have in your possession the information you are requesting.
The Data Controller will notify you if they cannot comply with your requests.
These rights are not absolute and are subject to different conditions by virtue of:
• the applicable local personal data protection or privacy law; and
• the laws and regulations that apply to you.
The Data Controller wishes to inform you that failure to provide information or the modification of your data may have consequences for the processing of certain requests in the context of the execution of contractual relations and that your request in respect of the exercise of your rights will be kept for follow-up purposes for 6 years concerning the exercise of the right of opposition and 1 year concerning the exercise of the other rights.
All the rights from which you benefit are listed below.
7.2 Your right to information
You acknowledge that this information notice informs you of the purposes, legal framework, interests, recipients or categories of recipients with whom your personal data are shared, and the possibility of transferring data to a third country or international organisation.
In addition to this information and in order to ensure fair and transparent processing of your data, you declare that you have received additional information concerning:
the storage periods for your personal data;
the existence of the rights that are granted to you and the terms of their exercise.
If we decide to process data for purposes other than those indicated herein, you will be advised of all the information relating to these new purposes.
7.3 Your right of access to and rectification of your data
By exercising this right, you have the confirmation that your personal data is or is not processed and when it is, you have access to your data as well as to information concerning:
• the purposes of the processing;
• the categories of personal data involved;
• the recipients or categories of recipients, in particular recipients that are established in other countries;
• whenever possible, the intended storage period of personal data or failing that, the criteria used to determine this time period;
• the existence of the right to request from the Data Controller the rectification or deletion of your personal data, the right to request limitations in the processing of your personal data, the right to oppose this processing;
• the right to file a complaint with a supervisory body;
• information relative to the origin of data when it is not directly collected from the individuals concerned;
• the existence of an automatic decision-making process, including profiling, and in the case of the latter, relevant information concerning the underlying logic, as well as the importance and foreseen consequences of this
• processing for the individuals concerned.
You may request of us that your personal data, depending on the situation, be rectified or completed if it is inaccurate, incomplete, ambiguous or out of date.
7.4 Your right to have your personal data deleted
You may ask us to delete your personal data when one of the following reasons applies:
• the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed;
• you withdraw the consent previously granted;
• you oppose the processing of your personal data when no legal reason exists for such processing;
• the processing of personal data does not comply with the provisions of the applicable laws and regulations;
• your personal data was collected when you were a minor.
However, the exercise of this right will not be possible when the storage of your personal data is necessary in accordance with legislation or regulations, in particular for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal rights.
7.5 Your right to limit the processing of your personal data
You may request that the processing of your personal data be limited in the cases provided for by law and regulation.
7.6 Your right to oppose the processing of your personal data (unsubscribing)
You have the right to oppose the processing of your personal data when this processing is based on the legitimate interest of the Data Controller.
In the event of direct communication, this right may be exercised by all means, including clicking on the unsubscribe links at the bottom of the messages received.
7.7 Your right to the portability of your personal data
You have the right to the portability of your personal data.
Data on which you may exercise this right is:
• only your personal data, which excludes personal data rendered anonymous or data that does not concern you;
• declarative personal data as well as personal operating data;
• personal data that does not infringe the rights and liberties of third parties such as that which is protected by business secrecy.
This right is limited to processing based on consent or a contract and to personal data that you have personally generated.
This right does not include derived or inferred data, which is personal data created by the Data Controller.
7.8 Your right to withdraw your consent
When the data processing that we carry out is based on your consent, you may withdraw this consent at any time. We will then stop processing your personal data without calling into question any previous operations to which you have given your consent.
7.9 Your right to file an appeal
You have the right to file a complaint with the competent supervisory authority without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial appeal.
7.10 Your right to define instructions for after your death
You have the possibility of defining instructions for the storage, deletion and communication of your personal data after your death to a trusted, certified third-party responsible for ensuring that the your wishes are respected à posteriori, in accordance with the requirements of the applicable legal framework.